- the state or quality of being earlier in time, occurrence, etc.
- the right to precede others in order, rank, privilege, etc.
- the right to take precedence in obtaining certain supplies, services, etc., especially during a shortage.
- something given special attention.
- highest or higher in importance, rank, privilege, etc.
I’ve got a bit of tough love for you today.
I hear the phrase, “I don’t have time!” a lot. I mean, a lot. When I hear this statement, my brain usually re-words this to, “this isn’t a priority to me (yet).” OUCH!
I understand that there are times when you’re super busy, and this is 100% true. I also understand that this has become a go to excuse for people to not prioritize their health, and isn’t always the truth. As your coach, if you tell me you don’t have time, expect some follow up questions. I want to help you get to the bottom of whatever is happening. It may not be about time at all, we can work together to figure it out!
So, what are your priorities? What is so important to you, that you will find a way to make it happen? This can be anything: seeing the new Star Wars movie at 12:01am on opening day, getting eight hours of sleep, waiting in a six hour line to finally get Taylor Swift’s autograph, going to happy hour with your friends on first Thursday, incorporating exercise four days a week?
|ACTION STEP: What is one health related priority of yours? What are some ways you can make sure you work on that this week? Maybe try some of these:
See y’all next week! Happy WOW Wednesday!